“When are you going?” is by far the most common question we are asked. Unfortunately we don’t have a good answer.
- “Only God knows” (true but sounds flip)
- “I wish I knew” (sounds complaining)
- “Maybe this summer/fall/winter/spring” –fill in any season and we’ve said it! (sounds like we can’t make up our minds)
The real answer, of course, is, “When our support is raised.”
Although we don’t know when, we do know where we will go first: Colorado Springs and a four-week intensive training in cross-cultural adjustment and language acquisition. Missionary Training International (mti.org) has 60 years of experience in preparing cross-cultural workers for life abroad.
Attending MTI marks the beginning of our service as HCJB Global missionaries. After MTI we’ll head for Costa Rica and six to eight months of Spanish language school, and then to Quito.
Just another $229/month…
To register for MTI we must have 80% of our monthly support pledged, which (as of May 23) is another $229 a month in pledges. This could be:
- Three $80/month pledges, or
- Six $40/month pledges, or
- Twelve $20/month pledges, or
- Twenty-three $10/month pledges
Each pledge, whatever the amount, moves us toward MTI. We are ready and eager to go, and are closing in on our goal.
Will you consider joining with us in extending God’s blessing to the unreached and less fortunate? Click on one of the two “Donate” links on this page and help us get on our way. Thank you!