“HCJB Global? That sounds like a bank!”
“What does HCJB mean?”
“So how’s it going with HJCB, JBHC, BJCH, whatever….?”
While comments like these always made us chuckle, they reminded us that our organization’s name was sometimes difficult and confusing for our friends and family, and also had no intrinsic meaning. (HCJB is the name of the Quito radio station which was the first ministry of our organization.)
In 2013, ownership of this station was transferred to Ecuadorean ministry partners. The name “HCJB” was no longer the property of HCJB Global. It was time to find a new name, one which would focus on the future and reflect our goals.
January 22, 2014 our new name was announced!
- “Reach Beyond” our past history
- “Reach Beyond” our comfort zones and perceived limitations
- “Reach Beyond” to where Jesus has not yet been proclaimed.
- “The Voice and Hands of Jesus” work “Together”: Jesus proclaimed the coming of the Kingdom with teaching and healing–the Good News contains both.
- We “Reach Beyond” “Together” with local ministry partners and with other global organizations.
A Reach Beyond Manifesto accompanies the name change. It is both a commitment by Reach Beyond and a challenge to Christians worldwide.
- New email addresses (although the old ones will keep working for a while):
- Scott: SArnold@ReachBeyond.org
- Jody: JArnold@ReachBeyond.org
- New Reach Beyond website, ReachBeyond.org
- Make checks payable to Reach Beyond
- Reach Beyond will show up on bank or credit card statements instead of HCJB Global (for those who make donations electronically)
Reach Beyond will give priority to “unreached” people groups, i.e. those that are less than 2% Christian. Personnel and resources are likely to be relocated to Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. This doesn’t mean we will be abandoning Latin America. Reach Beyond will continue to strategically partner with local organizations to advance the good news of Jesus Christ wherever God opens doors.
We (Scott and Jody) are confident that God knew these changes were coming. Our leaders in Quito assure us that there is plenty of work for us there for at least the next three to five years. But really only God knows what is coming, and our goal is to follow Him.
Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and donations! We can’t express how important you are in this adventure.