Here’s an update on the coronavirus here in Ecuador during the last week. The list below has the date, the number of total cases diagnosed (in parenthesis), total deaths, and any government action that happened that day. All actions are by the national government unless it says otherwise.
Thankfully the rate of increase of Covid-19 has slowed some. For awhile the numbers were more than doubling every two days, while now we’re adding about 200 new diagnoses a day.
Please continue to pray for Ecuador, especially for those who have no resources and live from day to day, that they would have food. And for all of us here that we would know that Jesus is the only hope for the world.
- 21 March (532) 7 deaths – national curfew extended to 7 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- 22 March (789) 14 deaths
- 23 March (981) 18 deaths
- 24 March (1,049) 27 deaths – only 1 person aged 18-55 per household can shop for essentials no more than twice a week (determined by last digit of national i.d.)
- 25 March (1211) 29 deaths – national curfew extended, now 2 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- 26 March (1403) 34 deaths
- 27 March (1627) 41 deaths
- 28 March (1835) 48 deaths
Continuing 2 pray. Thanx 4 the update! Stay well!
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Pingback: March 2020 Newsletter | Adventures in Middle Earth