- January to May: Took the class “Perspectives on the World Christian Movement” — excellent!
- May 13: Birth of our second grandchild – Tyrus Daniel Wolf.
- May: A major milestone—pledges for 85% of our minimum monthly support! This allowed us to register for pre-departure training at Mission Training International (MTI).
- June to August: Spanish classes at Lane Community College (LCC).
- July 15: Moved in with Baldo & Evy Hernández, after ten months with John & Ruth Kuehl.
- September 23: Commissioning for our first three-year term with HCJB Global.
- September 23 to October 19: Attended MTI in Colorado (linguistic & cross-cultural training).
- October 21 to December 12: More Spanish classes at LCC.
- November 20: 100% of minimum monthly support pledged!
- November 22: Hope (our daughter) and Max announce their engagement — wedding next fall!
- December 9: Springfield house for sale (again).
Wolf family: Kristen, Jason, Josiah, & Tyrus
Max & Hope
Our “Kids”: (top) Corrie, Eddie, Bethany, Luke (bottom) Thad, Vjera, Hope, & Simon
How Can You Help?
Although our minimum support is pledged, we are below the level recommended by our mission organization. If God has been prompting you to join our team, we’d love to hear from you! We also understand that many of you want to participate but won’t be on our regular support team.
Those contributions are important too! We’ll be depending on special contributions to bridge any gap between pledged support and our actual ministry expenses.
We hope to see many of you before we leave on January 1 to begin four to eight months of intensive Spanish language study in Costa Rica. After that, Quito–sometime in 2014.
Sunday, December 29
- (morning) Prayer and sending out from Eugene Faith Center, 13th & Polk, 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. services
- (evening) “Adios” party at our Springfield house, 706 Fifth St, Springfield, 5-8 p.m. Just drop by–we’d love to see you!
May God’s blessing be upon you and this holiday season as we remember Jesus’ birth,
Scott & Jody
Pingback: Christmas 2013 Newsletter | Adventures in Middle Earth